Board of Directors Motions
Agendas and Minutes of all Executive Committee and Board of Directors meetings are posted on the usawe.org website > Corporate > Records > Meeting Minutes. Below are decisions since May 19, 2023.
Executive Session June 28, 2023
- Add the following statement to USAWE policies, website pages and Competition Manual: “Valid USAWE Membership and Horse Recording are required prior to competing in any USAWE recognized competition (with a one-week post-show ‘grace’ period to resolve pre-show processing issues). To earn points toward year-end awards, the show must be fully licensed (not provisional) prior to competition start date and valid USAWE Membership and Horse Recording are required prior to participating in any USAWE recognized competition. Show results must be submitted within one week following the competition. All show fees and required post-show reports must be submitted within two weeks post show.
The USA Working Equitation (USAWE) Competitions Manual provides instructions and requirements for USAWE recognized competitions. The U.S. Rules for Working Equitation provides the rules used for the sport in the United States. The WAWE International Working Equitation Regulations govern International Competitions. “
- Add the following statement to the USAWE Membership policy: “USAWE membership information is considered an organization asset and may be shared internally with a business need to know with the Executive Committee, Regional Directors and Committee Chairs with the understanding that this information is confidential and should never be disclosed publicly. Competition organizers may formulate marketing messages to be distributed to the membership via the newsletter or eBlasts. eBlasts for informing members of events and accomplishments may be requested following the USAWE eBlast Protocol. Mass emails and e-Notifications with multiple recipients must blind copy members and never list individual member email addresses within it. Unauthorized or mis-use of membership information is subject to legal action and USAWE sanctions (i.e., fines and membership suspension, revocation, ban, etc.).”
- Include the USAWE Release, Assumption of Risk, and Indemnification Agreement with an electronic signature acceptance within the USAWE membership request form effective immediately for 2023 and going forward for future membership years.
- Discontinue the One-Time “Try It Out!” Voucher program, starting with the 2024 membership year.
- Instruct the Competitions Committee Chair, USAWE GIRA administrator and GIRA developer to ensure GIRA.io generated USAWE Dressage and Ease of Handling score sheets are formatted to include the same information formatting as stipulated with within the U.S. Rules for Working Equitation L1-L6 and WAWE International Working Equitation Regulations for L7.
- Include the World Association for Working Equitation (WAWE) official email address (email@example.com) in the distribution of the USAWE newsletter.
- Appoint Brittney Flowers (R1, MT) Financial Oversight Committee Chair, effective immediately.
- Appoint Amie Perryman (R6, VA) Marketing and Promotion Committee Chair, effective immediately.
- Approve the Awards Committee 2023 Leaderboard Awards eBlast and online survey to solicit membership feedback. Timeframe July 1 – July 31, 2023.
- Approve the new usawe.org website design and layout (footer navigation).
- Approve Licensed Official Committee expenditure requests for USAWE Senior ‘S’ Judge(s) performing Silent Judging Analysis.
Board of Directors Meeting – July 19
- Amend the 2/8/23 motion “Approve a budget increase of $630 for the June 2023 EOH Licensed Officials Seminar in Woodstock IL to cover the expense of setting up GIRA for silent judging.” to read “Approve a budget increase of $1,000 for the June 2023 EOH Licensed Officials Seminar in Woodstock IL to cover the expense of setting up GIRA for silent judging.”
- Approve the $513.78 FedEx expense incurred to expedite receiving USAWE branded attire for the 2023 Junior/Young Rider World Championship held July 5-9, 2023 in Portugal.
- USAWE Executive Committee to conduct interviews with at least three (3) Colorado corporate attorney/law firms that are familiar, and work with, not-for-profit organizations, not-for-profit Bylaws and contract and license agreements and to then hire one as the organization’s ongoing legal advisor on an as-needed basis.
- Starting with the 2024 membership year, begin implementing membership dues for youth riders, (not to exceed adult annual dues) and those dues allocated specifically for youth programs and opportunities designated by the Youth Development Committee.
- Allocate a Youth Development Committee $1,000 Budget for the remainder of 2023.
By: Kris Blacklock, USA WE Secretary
The Board of Directors (BOD) regular meeting is scheduled the 2nd Wednesday of each month. All USAWE Members in good standing are welcome to attend as a silent participant.
Next BOD meeting is scheduled Wednesday August 9, 2023 5:00-6:30 pm Pacific time and will take place virtually via Zoom.
Please contact Secretary Kris Blacklock (Secretary@usawe.org) at least 24 hours in advance of the meeting if you would like the Zoom meeting room access information. Requests for access arriving less than 24 hours prior to the meeting are not guaranteed a response.
BOD agendas and meeting minutes are posted to USAWE.org > Corporate > Records > Meeting Minutes in accordance to the Bylaws of USA Working Equitation.
A Log of Motions Passed is posted to USAWE.org > Corporate > Records
Agenda items for board consideration shall be submitted using an online Google Form located on the usawe.org website > Corporate > Records > Board Agenda Item Request Form
Officers, Directors and Committee Chairs will use the new Board Agenda Item Request Form to submit agenda items for board consideration. Individual Members are asked to contact their Regional or At-Large Director to request Agenda Item submission. The Board welcomes requests, proposals and recommendations submitted through Committee Chairs, Regional Directors and Officers, so we can better serve our members’ and organization’s needs.
By: Kris Blacklock, USA WE Secretary
NEW!!! 2023 USA Working Equitation Dressage Illustrated Diagram Tests!
Effective January 1, 2023 USAWE has revised L1-L6 Working Equitation Dressage tests. L7 uses the WAWE Dressage test. Did you know USA Working Equitation teamed up with Dressage Illustrated to bring you Novice (L-L3) and Advanced (L4-L7) Dressage test booklets that include working equitation dressage tests plus illustrations of each movement for competitors, callers, instructors and judges? CLICK HERE to order yours. Discount if you order 10 or more. Click each booklet to view description details. Proceeds benefit USAWE Youth Development programs.
Easy to read text and graphic diagrams of the 2023 USA Working Equitation (USAWE) Working Equitation Dressage Tests. Includes Directives, Purpose, Instructions, and Collective Marks (extra points). Coefficient movements (double points) are shaded. Graphic diagrams of the tests on page opposite text. Printed on plastic laminated waterproof heavy paper. 8.5 x 11 inches size. Both the Instructors and Judges edition offers you a choice of binder (3-hole punched, in 3-ring binder, or spiral).