Region 1: Alaska, Washington, Oregon, Idaho, and Montana
Region 2: California, Nevada, Utah, Arizona, Hawaii, and U.S. territories in the Pacific.
Region 3: Wyoming, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, and Colorado
Region 4: New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, and Louisiana
Region 5: Minnesota, Iowa, Missouri, Wisconsin, Illinois, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, and Kentucky
Region 6: New York, Vermont, New Hamshire, Maine, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, West Virginia, Virginia, and the District of Columbia
Region 7: Tennessee, Mississippi, Alabama, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, and U.S. territories in the Atlantic
International: All locations outside the United States of America
USAWE offers Individual Adult and Junior memberships.
Adult members (18 and over) are eligible to serve on committees, hold office, vote, be recognized on the regional and national Leaderboard as well as earn Lifetime Rider Medals and compete for the annual high-point breed performance awards. The Individual Adult membership fee for the 2021 Charter year is $30. Beginning in 2022, the annual fee will be $45.
Junior members (17 years and under as of the start of the competition/membership year – Dec. 1) are eligible to serve on committees and be recognized on the regional and national Leaderboard as well as earn Lifetime Rider Medals and compete for the annual high-point breed performance awards. In addition, all Junior members automatically compete for the High Point Youth award. The Individual Youth membership fee is free at the present time.
To Join, fill out the information on the link, below. For Junior members, that’s all you need to do!
Please Note: We ask that each member provide their own unique email address. We use email to deliver ballots (for voting) and our e-newsletters, so having a unique email for every member helps us ensure that all our members receive full access to our programs.
Our membership year runs from December 1st through November 30th to correspond with the competition season.
For Adult members, this is a two step process.
- Fill out the Google Form by clicking on the link above.
- Submit payment by clicking on the Add To Cart.
For Junior members, just fill out the membership application by clicking on the “Join or Renew” button.
Adult memberships will not be processed without payment.
USAWE Individual Membership
USAWE Logo design by Alexandra Crippen of Crippen Designs.
The logo represents the four trials of Working Equitation and highlights the diversity for which the sport is known in the United States.
- The first image depicts a mule, being ridden in western tack and attire in the Dressage trial.
- The second image showcases an Iberian horse in traditional Iberian tack and attire performing in the EOH trial.
- The third image shows a horse of indeterminate breeding and a rider in English tack and attire, competing in the Speed trial.
- Together, all three riders represent a team competing together in the Cattle trial. Although the cow is not shown directly, the three teammates are working in concert. The image is intended to elicit the feeling of excitement and movement as the team moves their designated cow toward the holding pen to the far right, off the page. (Think of it as a "silent cow", much as the letter "e" at the end of a word is often referred to as "the silent 'e'" in recognition of its existence without being read aloud).
Images used on this website with permission of owners. Please observe the copyright privileges of the individual image owners and do not use the images from this website without express permission from the individual owners of the images. Thank you for respecting the work and rights of others.