Decisions by email March 27
- Appoint committee member Biddie Lowry (R6-VA) as chair, re-appoint Jane Renner (R7-TN) as committee member and appoint Kris Blacklock (R5-WI) as member of the Elections committee, effective immediately.
- Appoint Terri O’Neal (R1-ID) as member of the Financial Oversight committee, effective immediately.
- Appoint Willa Rose (R1-ID) and Tracey Erway (R1-OR) as members of Membership Committee, effective immediately.
- Approve contracting with Adrienne Raymond of Equine Online Design for monthly website maintenance in areas of critical importance as outlined in the submitted contract under Scope of Work, and at the rate outlined in the contract for monthly and hourly fees.
- Approve President Chris Stanko sign a contract with Adrienne Raymond for Website Services, effective start date of May 1, 2023.
- Appoint Kasey Riddle (R7-NC) as chair, Adrienne Dymesich (R5-WI) and Bailey Yee (R5-MN) members of the Youth Development committee, effective immediately.
- Change the USAWE Zone Championship logo to the new design provided, effective 3/22/2023.By: Kris Blacklock, USA WE Secretary
Board of Directors Meeting – April 12
- Authorize President Chris Stanko to bind insurance for USAWE Licensed Officials (Judges and Technical Delegates) for an amount of $75 per accredited Judges and Technical Delegates for the year with the goal of obtaining the most coverage for our money. Try to secure at least $1 million incident of insurance coverage per occurrence and $2 million aggregate.
- Authorize $300 accidental insurance for USAWE Licensed Officials (Judges and Technical Delegates).
- Starting 2024, USAWE Licensed Officials (Judges and Technical Delegates) will pay USAWE $25 for a year’s insurance for officiating licensed shows.
- Appoint Alyx West (R6-VT) and Judy MacKenzie (R2-AZ) and Hilarie Zarazua (R5-MI), as Youth Development committee members, effective immediately.
- Establish a Youth Development Fund which will be overseen by the Youth Development Committee to promote and support young rider education, youth competition, youth championship show opportunities, and other activities that support youth within Working Equitation.
- Amend the 2/8/23 motion “Introduce a “Donate to the Youth Championship Show Scholarship Fund” button on the USAWE website.” to read “Authorize the Youth Development Committee to solicit donations to the Youth Development Fund via the USAWE website, USAWE newsletter, direct marketing, advertising, Social Media, at events and in person.”
- Approve $5,000 GIRA.io annual license renewal.
- Approve an annual Travel Funds Grant as laid out in the attached table, for upper levels riders of L5-L7, who have indicated interest in USAWE Team observational and selection events. Approved riders would be eligible for one travel grant per year. Funds to be capped at $5,500 for 2023.
$0 0-200 miles, one way
$350 201-800 miles, one way
$600 801-1,200 miles, one way, 1 night hotel
$875 1,201- 1400+ miles, one way, 2 nights hotel
- Amend the 7/13/2022 motion “Approve the purpose and task description for an International Competition Task Force, titled USAWE International Task Force (version 2); and approve formation of the task force.” to read: Approve the formation of and purpose and task description for an International Committee.
- Adopt the following Social Media Policy for USAWE Affiliate Organizations, effective immediately and applied to all existing Affiliate Organizations through notification and a 30 day opt-out period; USAWE granting a refund of paid 2023 dues if the Affiliate Organization elects to opt out within the 30 day period.
- Approve an expense, not to exceed $1,500 for preparing the organization’s annual tax returns.
- Approve $500 USA Working Equitation annual fee for World Association of Working Equitation (WAWE) membership.
- Add the USAWE Community Code to the membership request form, starting with 2024 membership requests.
By: Kris Blacklock, USA WE Secretary
The Board of Directors (BOD) meeting is scheduled the 2nd Wednesday of each month. All USAWE Members in good standing are welcome to attend as a silent participant.
Next meeting is scheduled Wednesday May 10, 2023 5:00-6:30 pm Pacific time and will take place virtually via Zoom.
Please contact Secretary Kris Blacklock (Secretary@usawe.org) at least 24 hours in advance of the meeting if you would like the Zoom meeting room access information. Requests for access arriving less than 24 hours prior to the meeting are not guaranteed a response.
BOD agendas and meeting minutes are posted to USAWE.org > Corporate > Records > Meeting Minutes >
A Log of Motions Passed is posted to USAWE.org > Corporate > Records
By: Kris Blacklock, USA WE Secretary
Effective 4.12.2023, all agenda items for board consideration shall be submitted using an online Google Form located on the usawe.org website > Corporate > Records > Board Agenda Item Request Form
Officers, Directors and Committee Chairs will use the new Board Agenda Item Request Form to submit agenda items for board consideration. Individual Members are asked to contact their Regional or At-Large Director to request Agenda Item submission. The Board welcomes requests, proposals and recommendations submitted through Committee Chairs, Regional Directors and Officers, so we can better serve our members’ and organization’s needs.