By: Kim Hillyer
Hello Region 6 members!
What a great month! NEWE put on a fabulous Regional Championship show at The Grange in Centre Hall Pennsylvania. It was so well run, and they sure made everyone feel so special. Right down to the stall banners in the barn. What great volunteers, judges, and officials. The facilities were top notch as well. The weather was perfect and the “Sixers Mixer” was a blast and a great way to spend time with all of the competitors. Even the Awards ceremonies were special.
The show season is winding down and everyone will probably be getting ready to spend the winter training and getting ready for next year. If there are any clinic opportunities in the region, be sure to let me know so I can spread the word.
Elections are coming up soon. Be sure to read about the candidates and vote! Be on the lookout for the ballots.
Check in with your closest AO to see what is going on. As an Affiliate Organization, you can post your activities on the USAWE calendar, and also on the USAWE Region 6 FB page. If you have any questions, please reach out to me at r6director@USAWE.org, and I will do what I can to help you.
USAWE R-6 director
Let’s hear from our AO’s:
ERAHC USAWE AO Report 10/15/21
The ERAHC WE Show Series results are up on the website. Go and visit and see how you all did!
We are in the process of working on our 2022 WE Show year with the hopes of having a Show Series again and maybe partnering with a couple other WE groups for more shows. As soon as we have more information, we will post it on our website.
Show results maybe found on the ERAHC website www.erahc.org.
See you next month!
Eastern Pennsylvania Working Equitation
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/EPAWE.org
EPAWE hosted a peer supported play day 9/25/21 and had 14 riders come out to learn about WE obstacles! This preceded an amazing EOH clinic “avoiding the DQ” w Allison Reed 10/3/21. We will offer an additional play day this fall and EOH Fix a Test with Holly Linz! Looking forward to her sharing her experiences and learning how to improve our rides!!!!
Our group is actively planning our 2022 show schedule including a rated show right here in Eastern Pennsylvania!
So what is happening with EPAWE?
EPAWE Schooling Show #2
CRD Cochranville, PA
Judging and Feedback from Holly Linz, KeepStables
Initial details for this events posted on our Facebook page.
Registration and more information to come!
Looking forward to a fun fall filled with lots of networking and WE!!!
Northern Virginia Working Equitation (NOVAWE) held a virtual meeting for its membership on September 27th. Guest speaker Susan Watkins, versatile equestrian, professional horsewoman/trainer and USAWE Licensed “R” Judge and Technical Delegate, answered pre-submitted questions from our membership. . NOVAWE president Biddie Lowry moderated. After the Q&A session, NOVAWE Vice President Diane Hutchinson presented the results of our August Member Survey. The meeting PowerPoint is available on our website, along with the survey results. The NOVAWE board will leverage the survey results to plan 2022 events and activities.
Ten NOVAWE members traveled to Centre Hall, PA to compete in the Region 6 WE Championship Show hosted by New England Working Equitation. By all accounts, show management put on a fabulous show and the exhibitors and spectators enjoyed a special weekend.
Fall has arrived in Northern Virginia and the colors are starting to change and the temperatures cool. In September, NOVAWE Business Members Bella Vita Stables, Catharpin, VA (Allison Reed) hosted two clinics; Wildfire Farm, Lovettsville VA (Mary Flood) taught a WE Dressage Camp (hosted by Tri-State Riding Club) and Mitchell Dressage Series (Anna Mitchell) hosted two Dressage Shows.
For October, NOVAWE Business Members’ offerings include a Dominique Barbier clinic at Briar Creek Farm, Leesburg, Virginia (Suzanne Liscouski). Allison Reed is providing a Halloween-themed WE clinic at Bella Vita and Anna Mitchell is providing a dressage schooling show (both October 17th).
Member Barb Sullivan’s Oak Spring Farm put on a rated WE show October 9th that many NOVAWE members participated in. Kimberly Hillyer’s Iron Rock Farm in PA continues to offer monthly WE Play Days. NOVAWE thanks all its Business Members for their support of WE via their clinics, shows and other offerings to our NOVAWE horse community.
NOVAWE is busy working to provide our last two events of this year. Both will be held at Frying Pan Farm Park, Herndon, VA:
- Oct 23 – NOVAWE Movin’ On Up Novice Clinic and EOH Show
- Nov 6 – NOVAWE Schooling WE Show #3
Happy Halloween and look to our website after the October events for photos of our members in costume with their horses – fall is always an especially fun season.
Rebecca, Barb, and Karen with Doreen
Karen and Rebecca
Karen and Rebecca
- September 17-19 was the USAWE Region 6 Championship & A Rated show in Center Hall, PA. Participating were Barb & Wyatt, Karen and Rosco, Rebecca and Alegre, Karen & Sunny, Holly and Vadriero & Zamingo and Meghan and Jasper & Fokuss. It was the most fun show of the season. So well organized and planned out. We all had so much fun.
- In the end – Barb and Wyatt were the Region 6 Intro Amateur Champions. They were also high score amateur dressage of the show. They were awarded a beautiful neck ribbon and an embroidered jacket.
- Meghan Truppner and Fokuss won High Point Dressage and ended up Reserve Champion in Level 3 Open
- Meghan Truppner and Jasper won High Point EOH and Champion in Level 3 Open. A beautiful neck ribbon and jacket were awarded to Meghan.
- Holly Linz and Zamingo ended the weekend with Reserve Champion Level 5 Open.
- Karen Heist riding Revolving Gunner had a great weekend placing a personal best in Level 1 EOH with a 2nd
- Rebecca Gabel riding RS Alegre were awarded the Gaited Horse Award.
- Karen Miller riding Sunday’s Dance were the only entries in the “A” Rated show in the Intro division, and ended up Champions!
- The ERAHC Working Equitation series was completed. We had 3 members that placed.
- Rebecca Gabel and RS Alegre were Level 1 Amateur Reserve Champions.
- Holly Linz and Vadriero HVF were Level2 Open Champions.
- Meghan Truppner and Fokuss were Level 3 Open Reserve champions.
- The October 9 OSEWE Rated was a success as the first rated show in Maryland.
11 horse & rider pairs were entered from Level 1 – Level 5. Barb Sullivan and Aluinn Wyatt ended up Level 1 Amateur Champions and Elaine Meilahn riding Oakfields Sienna Sparrow were reserve champions. Kind of neat to have both Connemara ponies place.
What a season OSEWE has had. We are already planning events for 2022.
Synergy WE was founded in August of 2021. We haven’t even taken the wrapper off, so to speak. Located in Upstate New York, in the beautiful Finger Lakes Region, Synergy was started to get people together with an interest in Working Equitation and to promote the sport in the area. There will be a few Play and Learn days in the remainder of 2021. For 2022 we can hopefully be a bit more ambitious, with a clinic or two, and perhaps even a schooling show later in the year. If you want to know more about Synergy, or how to join our activities, check out our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Synergy.WorkingEq. We’re excited to grow and develop a community!
Working Equitation of South Central PA has been relatively quiet since we are a new organization
We continue to Support Working Equitation and our focus is the “precursor” to your Working Equitation Training. Once again, we will have Mike Feister back to Hollyhurst Farm, LLC on the weekend of October 23 & 24, 2021. Mike focuses on Quality Horsemanship which is the beginning of every discipline including Working Equitation. Preparing you and your horse is time well spent to help you achieve a more fluid ride.
Enjoy the rest of 2021, Stay Safe and Have Fun!