Youth Scholarship Opportunity
WHO: Youth Competitors planning to attend Zone Championships
WHAT: Scholarship to cover cost of entry fees
WHEN: Submit application by October 1st
WHY: USAWE Youth Committee supported by anonymous donations want to encourage and support youth at championship events. It is the intention of the scholarship to provide financial support to those youth who might not otherwise be able to afford to participate
HOW: To find apply for the scholarship, click on the button below to go to the form you will need to fill out. For detailed information on the scholarship process and procedure, see below.
Youth Scholarship Procedure
What is the scholarship?
This scholarship is a Youth entry fee assistance program. Accepted youth will have their entry fees to their Zone Championship show paid to the show producer. Stalls, transportation, and other expenditures will still be the responsibility of the competitor.
Who can apply for the scholarship?
- Members who are designated and verified as “Youth” competitors 17 and under.
- Youth members who need entry fee assistance who would otherwise not be able to compete in the championship show.
- Youth members who wish to compete at a Zone Championship in that competition year.
Who determines who gets the scholarships?
The Youth Committee will make the decisions pertaining to the youth scholarship. Things considered will be:
- order of received applications, and answers to essay questions.
Youth entries to championship shows are not automatically given the scholarship. Application is required.
Scholarship monies will only be issued to one championship show, per applicant, per competition year.
Applicants need to submit an application by October 1st.
This scholarship is made possible by an anonymous donor
USAWE Logo design by Alexandra Crippen of Crippen Designs.
The logo represents the four trials of Working Equitation and highlights the diversity for which the sport is known in the United States.
- The first image depicts a mule, being ridden in western tack and attire in the Dressage trial.
- The second image showcases an Iberian horse in traditional Iberian tack and attire performing in the EOH trial.
- The third image shows a horse of indeterminate breeding and a rider in English tack and attire, competing in the Speed trial.
- Together, all three riders represent a team competing together in the Cattle trial. Although the cow is not shown directly, the three teammates are working in concert. The image is intended to elicit the feeling of excitement and movement as the team moves their designated cow toward the holding pen to the far right, off the page. (Think of it as a "silent cow", much as the letter "e" at the end of a word is often referred to as "the silent 'e'" in recognition of its existence without being read aloud).
Images used on this website with permission of owners. Please observe the copyright privileges of the individual image owners and do not use the images from this website without express permission from the individual owners of the images. Thank you for respecting the work and rights of others.