Membership in USAWE
Our membership year runs from December 1st through November 30th to correspond with the competition season.
For 2021, Adult memberships cost $30.
Junior memberships are free!
USAWE offers Individual Adult and Junior memberships.
Adult members (18 and over) are eligible to serve on committees, hold office, vote, be recognized on the regional and national Leaderboard as well as earn Lifetime Rider Medals and compete for the annual high-point breed performance awards. The Individual Adult membership fee for the 2021 Charter year is $30. Beginning in 2022, the annual fee will be $45.
Junior members (17 years and under as of the start of the competition/membership year – Dec. 1) are eligible to serve on committees and be recognized on the regional and national Leaderboard as well as earn Lifetime Rider Medals and compete for the annual high-point breed performance awards. In addition, all Junior members automatically compete for the High Point Youth award. The Individual Youth membership fee is free at the present time.
To Join, fill out the information on the link, below. For Junior members, that’s all you need to do!
Please note: We request that each member have their own UNIQUE email address on file with us. Email addresses are used for elections and to send out our e-newsletters. Having a unique email address for each member will help ensure that everyone has the opportunity to participate fully in all our offerings.
For Adult members, this is a two step process.
- Fill out the Google Form by clicking on the link above.
- Submit payment by clicking on the Add To Cart.
For Junior members, just fill out the membership application by clicking on the “Join or Renew” button.
Adult memberships will not be processed without payment.
USAWE Adult Membership
USAWE understands the important role that local groups play in helping people learn about Working Equitation and organizing WE events in their area.
USAWE offers independent local organizations involved in WE the opportunity to be officially recognized as USAWE Affiliate Organizations (AO). AOs will be listed on the USAWE website by state with a brief description of the AO’s functions/activities, point of contact, the AO logo and link to the AO’s website.
Plus, at the end of each membership year (Dec. 1-Nov. 30), our adult members of USAWE are given the option to designate $5 from their membership to an Affiliate Organization of their choice.
The AO fee for the Charter Year (2021) is $30. Beginning in 2022, the fee to be recognized as an AO will be $50.
This is a two-step process.
STEP #1: To apply for AO recognition, please click on the button and provide your organization’s information.
STEP #2: Once you’ve submitted your application, submit payment by clicking on the “Add to Cart” button.
Applications will be processed once complete information and payment are received.
As of 1/1/2021, the recording fee will be $20 and is LIFETIME. Horse recordings are transferable upon the sale of the horse.
Lifetime Horse Recording
Horse recordings are transferable upon the sale of the horse.
This is a two step process.
STEP #1: Fill out the Google Form by clicking on the blue “Record Your Horse” button.
STEP #2: Submit payment by clicking on the Add To Cart button. If you are registering more than one horse, add to the quantity in the checkout process.
USAWE COMMUNITY CODE
USAWE is dedicated to good horsemanship and committed to fostering camaraderie and good sportsmanship in all our events. To that end, we ask all of our members to:
- Make decisions, in training and competition, with the welfare of your horse foremost in your mind.
- Support others; encourage those new to the sport and actively seek ways to help them learn.
- Be considerate of those contributing their time to put on events. Be courteous to officials, organizers, staff, and volunteers.
- Be honest in your dealings with others and demonstrate personal integrity in your words and deeds.
- Volunteer whenever you are able. By donating your time at local events or in service to the national organization, you are helping to grow this sport.
One-Time Voucher – (Never-Before-Members)
One-Time "Try It Out!" Voucher
Want to try out Working Equitation, but not yet ready to commit to a membership? USAWE offers a one-time “Try It Out!” voucher for people who have never been members of a WE organization who are interested in giving the sport a try. This voucher enables the person to waive the non-member fees to compete at a licensed competition (they still pay to enter the competition, but can use this voucher to avoid paying a non-member fee the first time they compete at a licensed WE event). To apply for your one-time voucher, click on the button below.
USAWE Logo design by Alexandra Crippen of Crippen Designs.
The logo represents the four trials of Working Equitation and highlights the diversity for which the sport is known in the United States.
- The first image depicts a mule, being ridden in western tack and attire in the Dressage trial.
- The second image showcases an Iberian horse in traditional Iberian tack and attire performing in the EOH trial.
- The third image shows a horse of indeterminate breeding and a rider in English tack and attire, competing in the Speed trial.
- Together, all three riders represent a team competing together in the Cattle trial. Although the cow is not shown directly, the three teammates are working in concert. The image is intended to elicit the feeling of excitement and movement as the team moves their designated cow toward the holding pen to the far right, off the page. (Think of it as a "silent cow", much as the letter "e" at the end of a word is often referred to as "the silent 'e'" in recognition of its existence without being read aloud).
Images used on this website with permission of owners. Please observe the copyright privileges of the individual image owners and do not use the images from this website without express permission from the individual owners of the images. Thank you for respecting the work and rights of others.